SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION POLICY
IT IS THE POLICY OF GLORY SHIPMANAGEMENT PVT. LTD. TO MAINTAIN AND OPERATE ITS VESSELS IN A SAFE AND ENS IRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY MANNER.
WE SHALL EXERCISE OUR INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY IN ALL OL R ACTIVITIES AND STRIVE FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION PREVENTION POLICY OBJECTIVES:
The Policy of GLORY SHIPMANAGEMENT PVT. LTD. are to:
- Comply with mandatory rules and regulations.
- Provide for safe practices in ship operation and a safe working environment, to protect the life and health of its employees and the general public
- Operate in an environmental friendly manner safeguard the interest to protect the Marine environment.
- Assess all identified risks to its ships, personnel and the environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Protect the public property and be sensitive and responsible to public concerns about the marine transportation and its side effects on the environment.
- Continuously improve the safety management skills of personnel ashore and aboard company vessels, including preparing for emergencies related to both safety and environmental protection and use his own knowledge, experience and common sense to carry out his assigned duties.
- Take into consideration the codes, guidelines and standards recommended by the National & International Regulations, Classification Societies and applicable to the nature of company relevant operations while maintaining high efficiency in providing quality. (e.g. marine transportation license) to its Customers and comply with them.
- Establish and maintain contingency procedures and plans to mitigate, in co-operation with public authorities and others, the effects of accidents, which may occur.
COMPANY SECURITY POLICY
GLORY SHIPMANAGEMENT PVT. LTD. shall establish, implement. maintain and improve upon, security measures and procedures on all its ships. to ensure safety. security and protection of people, property and environment including:
- Personnel on its own ships and in the company.
- Other persons who may be affected, directly or indirectly, by any of the activities of the company or its ships.
- Its own ships and their machinery and equipment.
- Other ships / crafts and port facilities, with which its ships interface.
Towards this :
1) The Company and its ships shall ensure lull compliance with
- Relevant security related provisions of SOLAS and ISPS code and
- Any requirements / guidance from the Flag Administration and or Contracting Government concerned.
2) The Company Management shall ensure that
- The Master has the overriding authority and responsibility to make decisions with respect to safety and security of the ship and to request the assistance of the company and of any Contracting Government as may he necessary.
- The Company Security Officer (CSO), the Master and the Ship Security Officer(SSO) are given the necessary support to fulfill their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the provisions of.SOLAS Chapter X1-2 and the ISPS Code.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG POLICY
- Drug and alcohol abuse and its effects is one of the most significant social problems of our times. The misuse of legitimate drugs or the use, possession, distribution or sale of illicit drug on board is strictly prohibited.
- In addition, any use of substances, which cause or contribute to unacceptable job performance or unusual behavior is also prohibited.
- A11 Officers and crew are prohibited from consumption of alcohol beverages at all times onboard the vessel. It shall be kept in mind that all officers and crew shall at all time be able to respond to emergency situations